I know, I know, I know, I’ve been slacking on the running front and on the whole exercise in general front too but I have been very busy carving out my new career as a famous jewellery designer, the pinnacle of which so far has undoubtedly got to be the three and a half hours I spent sat freezing my arse off in a church hall in Chingford on Saturday, having my lovingly handcrafted jewellery blatantly ignored by grannies who passed by my stall without giving it a second glance. Bah. But my luck changed later that evening when I got my first “proper” (i.e. not from anyone I know) online order. Woo hoo.
But it was back down to earth today and time to leave being a famous jewellery designer to the side while I got back to my day job as a legal secretary and I went to the gym and went on the treadmill for 15 minutes, so there you go, I’m back in action. Sort of.
And while I’m on the treadmill, because the evil warriorwoman has tagged me again and try as I might, I can’t ignore it, I’m trying to think of five random facts about me which may be vaguely interesting and I’m not coming up with much; not anything I want to share with the whole world anyway. But here we are, five random facts about me:
1. I was the Essex under-5s chess champion, winning a trophy made out of tin foil, which I won by beating my opponent with a sneaky 3-move checkmate that I’d got out of a book in the library.
2. I have two birth certificates, an English one and an American one. This has resulted in a marriage proposal from a friend wanting to go to America to live. I declined.
3. I used to be a goth. And have the photos to prove it.
4. I’m crap at chess now.
5. I’m not a goth anymore.
See, I told you I couldn’t think of five interesting things. And now, hurrah, I get to tag five other people. And today’s nominations go to:
Emily – because it’s about time we had the views of a non-runner type.
Kate – to get in touch with my inner American
Rae – see above
Joggerblogger – because I think he wimped out last time after Londonjogger tagged him
The Red Bucket – because anyone who likes peanut butter and salad sandwiches must have some randomness to share
And lastly, the rules:
- link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
- share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
- tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
- let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
Treadmill: 15 minutes / 8.5kph
Rowing machine: 10 minutes