Giveaway: Win a Roll of Kinesio Tex Gold Tape
You probably know what Kinesio tape is – it’s that tape that sportspeople wear and, although I’ve only ever seen it worn around the knees (purely because I don’t watch any kind of sport on the television and so the only people I see doing any kind of sporting activity are runners when I’m out running myself – either on my own or at a race), a quick Google image search shows me it can be used all over the body and even on dogs and horses, too.
When I’ve seen runners’ knees all taped up, my initial thought has always been, ‘If you need to tape your knee up, maybe you should be resting, not running’ but upon investigating further for the purpose of this blog post, Kinesio tape isn’t just used for support but also to help alleviate pain, relax the muscles, enhance performance and to help with rehabilitation.
That told me then. But what do I know? I’ve been relying on stretchy bandages since the 70s, which, incidentally, was when Dr Kenzo Kase – a Japanese chiropractor – invented Kinesio tape in the first place.
Win a roll of Kinesio Tex Gold Tape
- 100% cotton and latex free
- Elasticity of up to 30-40% from resting length
- Tape is applied with 10% stretch
- Medical grade, heat sensitive acrylic adhesive
- Allows the skin to breathe
- Thickness and weight approximates that of skin
- Easily tolerated
- Allows range of motion and does not restrict like conventional athletic tape
- Elastic properties support and reduce muscle fatigue
- Facilitated myofascial release and improves lymphatic flow – in turn reducing pain and swelling
- Can be worn for several days (3-5) without re-application
- Cost effective patient management (6-10 applications per roll)
If you’d like to win a roll of this Kinesio tape, simply leave the answer to this question in the comments box below:
What colour is the tape I’m giving away?
a) Pink with blue stripes
b) Orange with rainbow polka-dots
Giveaway ends at midnight Saturday 26 September 2015. UK entries only.