I am too knackered to blog properly, so here’s my blog post in a list.
1. Saw tweet a couple of weeks ago about local bike ride, organised by Spokes.
2. Thought, I want to go on the bike ride and favourited the tweet to remind me.
3. Woke up and the weather wasn’t minging, so went off to meet a bunch of strangers.
4. Met the bunch of strangers who turned out to be a very nice bunch of people indeed.
5. Discovered I wasn’t the only one there who should have been at home writing a dissertation proposal instead of gallivanting around the countryside.
6. Cycled for about an hour until reached a pub in Smarden.
7. Spent a long time patting the dogs and stroking the cats in the pub.
8. Ordered cheese omelette and jacket wedges, then moaned my jacket wedges were chips, not wedges, and the chips were raw.
9. One of the group was perturbed her lunch didn’t come with the advertised bread.
10. One of the group said his jacket potato tasted old.
11. When we were asked how our food was, we all said ‘lovely, thanks’ in that good old British way even though we’d all just moaned about it.
12. Cycled for about another hour and went home and had two cups of hot chocolate to try and thaw out.
13. Went on Twitter and accidentally agreed to run Ashford parkrun with @TrevB1 in our onesies if he gets his workplace’s VLM place on Monday.
14. Spent four hours on Facebook trying to muster up the energy to blog. Remained unmustered.
15. Ate pie and mash and cabbage and gravy and wondered if I could be bothered to blog.
16. Realised I couldn’t be bothered to blog so wrote a list instead.